Safety Rules & Guidelines
Safety is our number 1 priority
Please understand the risks & take care. BOUNCE is an action sports facility where injuries can happen. Like all sports, participants need to decide if the benefits of involvement are worth the risk of injury. Jumping, rebounding using trampolines creates the risk for potential injury even when being safe. The potential for injury is greatly reduced when you:
Jump within your skill level
Follow the rules
Watch out for other jumpers
The whole point of BOUNCE is to have as much fun as possible jumping around. A critical part of this is a safe and soft landing and a safe environment to enjoy a real sense of freedom. Our rules and guidelines are designed to keep everyone safe and minimise the chance of injury. Rules are shown below in four categories: General Safety Rules (apply to the whole centre), Big Bag Safety Rules, “The Wall” Safety Rules, Performance Trampoline Safety rules, Slam Dunk rules & Dodgeball game rules. You will also find these rules displayed around BOUNCE. Please read them carefully and follow them.
General Safety Rules
One person per trampoline
Jump within your skill level
Don’t jump or land on the padding
- Take extra care – trampolines in this area provide superior height & a greater degree of difficulty & risk. Jumpers must be over 110 cm in height. Don’t jump or land on the padding – it is there as a safety precaution. Don’t attempt any activity beyond your skill level. Only one person on each trampoline at a time. Don’t land on your hands. BOUNCE crew members monitor safety strictly & their direction must be followed.
- The Wall is for advanced jumpers only. BOUNCE crew members monitor the area strictly. Jumpers must be over 110 cm in height. Only one jumper permitted on each wall trampoline at any time. Ensure no one is on the trampoline bed before jumping off The Wall. Only stand on top of the wall when you are actively using one of The Wall trampolines. No climbing or scrambling up The Wall – ‘Wallrunning’ only.
- No head dives or belly flops. Don’t enter if others are in the way. Safely land on your feet, bum or back only. Spread your legs & bend your knees when entering the BIG BAG. Only attempt moves within your skill level. Remove all items from pockets. Exit as quickly as you can. Do not land on your hands.
- No hanging off the hoop, backboard or support bars. Stay on your trampoline only. Don’t jump or land on the padding. No jumping or dunking from behind the backboard. Only one person on each trampoline at a time. Only attempt dunks within your skill level.
- Minimum 125 cm height (without shoes) required for all participants. One participant per obstacle at a time. Only attempt obstacles within your skill level. Lace up sports/flat soled shoes must be worn in the area. Watch out for other participants at all times to ensure adequate spacing. Give way to faster runners. No climbing on metal truss.
- Aim to eliminate all players on opposing team. You are out if:
1.You are hit with a live ball, below the neck.
2. Someone catches your ball on the full.
3. You enter the other team’s area.
4. You hold the ball longer than 5 seconds.
If out, walk off the court along the padding. The ref’s call is final. Maximum 8 players per team. Do not deliberately aim the ball at people’s heads.
-BOUNCE approved socks must be worn to ensure good grip.
-Don’t attempt any activity beyond your skill level.
-Don’t jump or land on padding.
-Watch out for other jumpers & always allow smaller jumpers right of way.
-Only one person on each trampoline at a time.
-Safely land on two feet or your bum when bouncing.
-No double bouncing, wrestling or rough play.
-No food or drink on or near the trampolines.
-No jumping when under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Area Specific Rules
For jumpers 3 years and above but under 110cm in height (usually under 6 years old). Available to book only where JJ symbol is displayed. Junior Jumpers can access most areas and have a dedicated section in the free jumping arena. For their safety, this area is restricted to jumpers under 110cm only.
Keeping Kids Safe
BOUNCE has developed a Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy that is designed to help ensure BOUNCE venues are safe and supportive places for children and young people to attend.